Recently, a 29-year-old car accident victim was awarded $16 million+ following a protracted Florida legal battle against her own auto insurance company. Although multi-million dollar verdicts are not the norm for most Florida crash cases, our Palm Beach car accident attorneys are sometimes asked about what type of damages one can expect in a typical crash case.
It’s important to note that every auto accident case is different. Still, factors that can play into the amount a person expects to receive can include:
- The severity of injuries involved.
- Who was at-fault (and to what extent – if at all – the plaintiff/injured person shares fault).
- Whether the at-fault parties are adequately insured.
- How many victims there were (the more victims, typically the less money available per victim).
- Whether the injured parties are covered by uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.